We are thrilled to announce that the results of our latest collaboration with the Colectivo Shipibas Muralistas–with whom Cristian Zuzunaga collaborated by financing a mural–has been selected for sale at the annual MALI auction. (Museum of Art of Lima)
After the collaboration with the Shipibas to complete the mural in Barranco, Zuzunaga donated one of his signature bedspreads, which the Shipibas customised by hand embroidery, using some of their iconic shapes to augment the timeless design.
- Year of collaboration: 2020
- Bedspread design: Cristian Zuzunaga.
- Customisation by Colectivo Shipibas Muralistas: Rosa Magin, Milka Franco, Fidelia Franco, Karin Cairuna, Lucía Flores, Nimia García and Zoila Mainas. Community of Cantagallo, Lima.
- Technique: Hand embroidery
- Material: 100% Cotton
- Size: 235 x 245cm
- Edition: One-off piece
- Francesco D’Angelo (Anthropologist and manager of the Colectivo Shipibas Muralistas).
- Carlos Zuzunaga and Mónica De la Villa